RSS

Sunday, July 7, 2013

What a Week!




What a week! I seriously think this has probably been the longest week of my entire life! I am not even close to joking about this! The hours feel like days, the days feel like weeks, and this week has felt like a month, its crazy! But I wouldn't change it for anything! It has probably been the best and worst week I will ever have in my mission life! I am so excited to be here with so many other Missionaries who are going forward to do the Lord’s work! I think I have one of the best companions in the world. Her name is Sister Despain (or Deathpain if you have a lisp). She is seriously one of the funniest people I have ever met. She reminds me so much of Caressa but she sings all the time and has a really nice voice. She attended BYUH both Fall and Winter semester and I knew when I first walked into the classroom that I had seen her before! It was so awesome to have someone who knows about Hawaii and has lived there.

I am so happy to be here, I am having so much fun! At night before I go to bed I am usually really wound up and have lots of energy, so I run around the dorm and jump in front of Sisters rooms that have their doors open and scare them! If you could only see their faces, they jump about a mile high and look terrified! I usually end up on the floor laughing with them and then I apologize and run away! They probably think I'm crazy but it might be the only thing keeping me sane! I know the girls in my district think I am crazy. I always feel like I am low on energy when we are on our down time so I will make really weird faces or voices just to try to keep myself awake and they will look at me like I am crazy! It’s very amusing. I also got to play volleyball the other day but it was probably a really bad idea because I got way too into it and jammed my thumb pretty good. It hurts soooooo bad! But I'm fine. I can live without my thumb. You really don't need it to read or pray so I am good for the next few days!

These past two days have been very funny for me because an Elder from our Zone who just left the MTC on Tuesday wrote me two letters asking me to write him and gave me a CTR “promise to write me ring!” :-P It was really funny because the elders in my district were making a huge deal about what his letters said (I hadn't opened them yet) trying to freak me out, and it worked pretty well. I thought he was going to profess his love for me and give me a promise ring (which in a way I guess is what he did) but they got me good. I seriously was scared all day because we can’t open our mail until 9:30 at night after classes and they kept teasing me and reminding me all day! When I finally opened the letters they weren't that bad, but they still were a little weird.

So, in the MTC I think everyone might be a little Bipolar. One minute we will be in class laughing, joking around and the next minute we will be role-playing and bawling like little girls. It is actually really funny. The spirit is so strong here! You really do want to have a good time, but you don't want the spirit to leave so you will be trying to find that balance which is hard! I have had some amazing experiences with the spirit though!

On Friday I was having a really hard time and I just had the feeling that I wanted to go home! My companion suggested that I receive a blessing. I asked Elder Hunt in my district if he could give me one (he has never given a blessing before). By the time he was done I was crying so hard I could barely see it was so powerful! I feel so blessed to be able to receive blessings from these worthy young men. They are such an inspiration to me!

Another experience I had was the other night our teacher had us close our eyes while he read from Alma 36:18-20. We had to visualize all of our sins and how terrible they made us feel, he then had us think of everything that made us feel joy. It was probably the strongest I have ever felt the spirit. It is amazing to think of how much Christ has done for us, and how much he loves us! Jesus Christ is my Savior and my Redeemer. He loves me so much and I love him. I will give my all to bring others unto Him, because I want them to know and feel the JOY that I have felt from him and this gospel! I am so happy to be on my mission. I know for a fact that there is no other place on this earth that I should be. The Lord needs me here and I can’t wait to go out into the field and do his work. I love you all and I hope you keep writing me! Thanks for all the love and support it has helped me so much this first week!

Till next time,

Sister Krissy Pitt ;)




0 comments:

Post a Comment