RSS

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Week 2: Best Spiritual High Ever!

July 16th, 2013

HEY FOLKS! I'm still alive! Thank goodness! These past 2 weeks have been something else! I finished up at the MTC (It felt like it would never end!) and I am finally out in the mission field and what can I say other than I LOVE IT! But I am going to cover the rest of the MTC before I go into what's been happening in the field.

In my second week at the MTC I was struggling and my companion could tell, so she basically told me to buck up or go home. Man that was a pretty good slap to the face, but I needed it, and after that I fully applied myself. There was a 180 difference, not only did I feel the spirit more, but I was able to have better concentration and I could find scriptures way better. I'm still pretty bad at both studying and finding scriptures, but I am trying my best!

On the 4th of July we had a fireside and then got to go watch fireworks. The only problem was, we couldn't see any dang fireworks! The trees were all in the way! So my comp and I ran around photo-bombing everyone we could! It was pretty fun. We didn't have a curfew that night so we partied hard until I wanna say 11 O'clock! Ya, we are pretty wild missionaries! hahaha. I was also able to lead a class role play! It was seriously the coolest thing ever! Mainly because I was always one of the people chilling in the back, not having a clue what was going on, but I was so on it with this "investigator"! After we were done role playing my class looked at me and everyone one kinda stopped and was like, where in the world did that come from? It felt pretty cool! It probably was the BEST SPIRITUAL HIGH EVER! It was a good way to end my time at the MTC!

Last Wednesday we made our way up to Ogden. We caught the train which was pretty fun.  There where 32 missionaries going up with me! It was exciting! When we got there we were able to meet President and Sister Heirs, I call them Mamma and Papa Heirs, they are the best! We went over a ton of stuff. I really don't remember any of it! It's ok though, they also gave us a huge packet to read with the same information so I should be good. Then we headed over to the Mission President's house for a testimony meeting. That night we got to stay in some members houses which was really fun! The lady we stayed with was amazing! She made us hot chocolate and homemade cookies! I felt so spoiled ;)

The next day is when all the fun stuff began to happen! We went to meet our Trainers! Can I tell you there is probably no other mission that makes as big of a deal about new missionaries like the Utah Ogden mission! It was fantastic! When we got there we where herded towards the cultural hall where all of our Trainers were. When we got in there everyone went crazy! They were yelling and clapping and pounding on chairs.... It was crazy! They had us all sit on one side, then one by one they would call us up and there would be yelling, clapping, drum rolls and then they would announce our Trainers! It was was almost like a game show! Everyone went wild! The Trainers of the boys would run up to the front and do victory laps or pick his new comp up. I was one of the first girls to be called up and I was put with.......................Sister Kindt! She is amazing! She has been out on her mission for over a year and she is probably the best Trainer in the world!

So a little about my area: I am serving in Roy Utah, it's a little town that you would think would be straight out of the TV show, 'My Name Is Earl'.  It makes me laugh! Tons of apartments and lots and lots of interesting people. I am in a walking mission, thank goodness! (I won't gain as much weight.)  I love my district and zone! Utah is a cool place! I love my area so much! People are pretty open to the gospel where I am at. They might not be the nicest, but eh it's OK, I told sister Kindt I was sent here to spread some Aloha spirit!

I would put in a spiritual experience, but I have been so confused with meeting new people and this whole week, that I just cant think of anything at the moment! Hopefully I will have a good one for you next week!

So this is getting pretty long and I am running out of time, but here are some cool facts about the Utah Ogden mission:

There are over 250 missionaries serving in this mission
60 of which are sister missionaries
We have back to back to back lessons almost everyday
and the members try as hard as they can to make us fat!

Well, I love my mission and I don't have much else to say!

Till next time,

Sister Krissy Pitt ;)

Ummmm????

MTC!


Look Who I Found!

Elder Wright!

My Elders!

My Trainer, Sister Kindt!
Elder Graham, Kahuku Homeboy, Welcomes Me!

Loving My Mission Already!


0 comments:

Post a Comment