RSS

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

God Has a Sense of Humor!

July 23, 2013

So this week has flown by, and it started out so good! As many of you know, and as I have found out, a lot of good things on the mission don't last very long! At the start of the week we pinned 3 baptisms. In my opinion that's pretty dang good! As the week passed we kept teaching and everything was going good.  Then the weekend came and we could not pin anything down! All of our appointments kept falling through. The guy who was supposed to get baptized next Saturday, named Joe Rios, missed church so we have to push back his baptism date. The little girl we were teaching named Miriah missed church as well so she can't get baptized as soon either. Arianna who is the cutest 11 year old girl wants to be baptized by her less-active father so instead of having her baptism on August 10th we have no idea when she will be getting baptized now. I don't mean to sound down, I really am not, I am so happy.

This week is going to be great! We have a ton planned and we will keep meeting with all of our investigators. I just hope that we can convey to them how important church attendance is and how important baptism is. Actually I really wish we could convey how important church is to the members as well! Nobody attends church here! Hahah, but eh what can you do about it other than encourage them with the spirit ;)

So I have high hopes for these next 2 weeks. Hopefully not only will we find more people to teach, but we will get more people to church as well. I am so excited! I know there is so much to be done, we just need to keep up with all of it!

All right, so one funny thing that has happened this week. (Well, I guess there was a few of them.)  On Saturday a cute old couple took Sister Kindt and I out to a Chinese buffet. Not the best idea to eat there. We were seriously in bed for a few hours on Saturday we got so sick! It was gross! We were able to get up and go to a lesson though and I almost wish we didn't. It was bad... The mom basically told us the only reason she went to church was for welfare, and that she didn't think her kids would go to church, and she didn't want to because it was too early (9:00 am). So we left in a pretty bad mood and decided to go get Slurpee's (we get one almost everyday) and on the way there this kid rolled up in his car and yelled at us, "Looking good ladies," and then he did a double take and asked, "Wait, are you Sister Missionaries?" We said ya, and he yelled at us "You are the hottest missionaries I have ever seen." I think God knew we needed something to laugh at so he sent him our way. God has a pretty good sense of humor doesn't he? ;)

I have to admit even though I did get a little frustrated this week I have been able to learn so much! I have studied a ton and I have even been trying to actually memorize Scripture Mastery scriptures since I never did in seminary. I am building my foundation upon the rock of my redeemer ( Helaman 5:12) and I am going to keep a strong and steady foundation because of him.

...Today I was so happy because We got to go to the temple! We went up to the Logan temple! It was huge! It was so nice! I am so happy to be able to go to the temple. I have felt so close to the lord here and I never want to lose that feeling! I love it and I love who the mission is helping me to become! I could not have asked to be sent to a better mission! I know the Lord knows and understands me and knew this is where I needed to be to progress and draw closer to him. I love my mission! I am so happy to be here and to meet so many amazing people! I Miss you all and love you so much! Thank you for the love and support, You are all so amazing!
Till next time,

Sister Krissy Pitt


Free Slurpee Day!

Only in Utah!


Temple Day!

Logan Temple

Being a Missionary = Happiness!



Caught in the Rain


0 comments:

Post a Comment