RSS

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I Stand all Amazed

So on June 9th I gave my mission farewell! It was great, my topic was Love and the Gospel. I would post my talk if I wrote it but I decided to wing it! Don't worry folks it still went great and I didn't choke!  In my talk I spoke of the examples I have had of love in my life starting with my parents. I also talked about talked about Gana and our Savior Jesus Christ.

Dallin and I got to talk on the same day!

My parents are probably one of the best examples of love I have ever personally seen! They are Crazy in love! My mom and dad have been writing love notes to each other almost everyday for the past 4 years! They are amazing! They are everything that I hope me and my future spouse will be. I know that because they love each other so much they love me as well! They have had such an impact on my life as I have gotten older and I truly have no idea where I would be without them!

They are so cute!
In my talk I shared a memory I will always keep close to me. I can not remember how long ago this happened but I know it was more than a year ago. One day my dad was on his way to work and heard a country song by the Eli Young Band called Crazy Girl. It made him think of my momma, So on his lunch break he decided to drive home and he printed out these tiny strips of paper that said "I love you like crazy, Crazy girl" and posted hundreds (or so it seemed to me at the time) of these little strips of paper around their room, in their bathroom and in their closet. He also found a huge poster paper and Wrote a note to my momma expressing his love and put it in the most visible place in their room. The last thing he did was have an arrow pointing down at the computer that had a link to the song he listened too. When I came home and saw all this I was in utter awe! I love my hopeless romantic daddy!


The next example of love I shared in my talk was about a beautiful young woman named Gantuya Ganbat. Gana was amazing she served her mission in California, was Relief Society President, President of the Mongolia club and she loved the gospel so much! She was perfect! I feel so blessed to have known her and for the example of love she has set for me. A little over two years ago Gana got very sick and was hospitalized. Even at her sickest Gana was trying her best to serve the Lord and show her love for others. While in the hospital she asked for a Book of Mormon that she wrote her testimony in and she asked if this could be given to someone who she felt needed to read the words so that they could be blessed the way she felt she had been blessed in her life. I believe that her example of love was one of the reasons I have decided to serve a mission. I know I met an angel of the Lords when I met Gana and I know that she is looking down on my family helping us find our way!

She is so beautiful inside and out!
The last and most important example of love I have to share is the love that our Savior Jesus Christ has for us! I think of Him in his last days getting down on his knees and washing his disciples feet, showing them so much love knowing that his time was limited. I think of Him in the Garden asking for the cup to be passed from him but willingly taking upon himself all the sins of the world! I think of him nailed to the cross asking God to forgive those that mocked Him because "they knew not what they did." I think of all he has done for me in my life and realize that there is no way that I could give everything I have to try to even show a little of the love that he has shown me. I love The Lord so much I know that he Loves me and that he is always watching over me. I know that by serving my mission I am drawing a step closer to the person he wants me to be. I am beyond grateful for the love that I have been shown  and I hope that I can emulate these examples in my daily life.

I Stand All Amazed!
I Truly stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me! I will try my best to follow Matthew 22:37-40 when it says; 

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
My only hope in serving my mission is that those who meet me will feel the love that I have for them. That is my deepest hope and wish. 

Till next time,
Sister Krissy Pitt ;)


Mahalo to all those who attended my Farewell :)


My Tutu!

0 comments:

Post a Comment